What is Meals on Wheels?
Meals on Wheels (MOW) is a service that delivers hot, nutritious meals right to your door. Our meals are culturally appropriate, with meals ranging from Caribbean, Chinese, Greek and more. All dishes are dietician approved and made fresh onsite daily. We also provide food that meets the needs of people who are diabetic, as well as foods that need to be chopped, pureed, and minced. Meals are delivered by a friendly and trained member of our team.
How Does it Work?
- Hot meals are delivered Monday through Friday from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm. Frozen meals are available as well and are offered on Fridays.
- Hot meals are $7.50 per meal and include 1 soup, 1 entrée, and 1 dessert.
- Frozen meal packages are $38.50 per package and include 5 entrées, and 5 soups or desserts.
- Clients are billed at the end of each month by cheque or pre-authorized payment.
- Staff and volunteers are trained in ensuring you receive any assistance needed upon delivery. Should you need any assistance in opening your packaged meal or getting it to your refrigerator, we are always ready to help.
- Many older adults and seniors enjoy the social aspect of receiving their meals and engaging in conversations between staff and volunteers.
South of Steeles to North of Ellesmere, East of Victoria Park to West of McCowan.
Read about Scarborough MPP Soo Wong's experience as she joined us for a MOW delivery for OCSA month here.
To learn more about our MOW program, please contact our intake team