June is Seniors' Month, a time of recognition for our seniors across Ontario that has been celebrated for over 25 years and St. Paul's L'Amoreaux Centre is planning several activities and events to show our gratitude toward the older generation who have strived for the prosperity we enjoy today.
St. Paul’s has been a leader in the field of housing and senior care and offers an array of programs and services designed to promote independent living. So if you are looking for information about aging, health care, and other matters related to seniors during this month, then look no further than St. Paul’s L’Amoreaux Centre in Scarborough, Ontario.
The highly anticipated theme this year for Seniors’ Month is “Coming of Age,” which includes award ceremonies, recognition events, socials and seniors’ information fairs centered around Ontario’s progress in addressing the challenges and opportunities of a booming seniors’ population.
St. Paul’s will be hosting talks and events throughout the month. Here are some ways for you to get involved in Seniors’ Month!
- June 4 - Yamaha Orchestra, St. Paul’s Recreation Room. 7:30-8:30pm
- June 6 – CIN Seniors’ Service Fair, Market Village & Pacific Mall. 11am -9pm
- June 17 - Big Band Bonanza with The Phyllis Stiles Band. St. Paul’s Recreation Room. 6pm-9pm
- June 24 – Seniors’ Fair at Wishing Well Manor. 10am-3pm
- June 30 - CANADA DAY CELEBRATIONS, Bridlewood mall. 10am-3pm
St. Paul’s will feature the following interactive displays on site from noon to 3pm daily until June 25th. Visitors are encouraged to come by and learn about healthy livings and safety.
- June 1 -7 Pedestrian Safety June 8 - 14 Healthy Eating
- June 15 - 21 Elder Abuse Awareness. June 15th is World Elder Abuse Awareness Day. Show your support in the detection and prevention of elder abuse by getting a purple ribbon at health promotion displays at St. Paul’s. You can find more information on the World Elder Abuse Awareness day by visiting: http://www.culture.gov.on.ca/seniors/english/programs/elderabuse/weaad.shtml
- June 22 – 29 Physical Activity
- June 9 Fresh Fruit & Vegetables Market. 12:00 noon to 3:00p.m.
- June 19 - Display at Scarborough Health Fair - L''Amoreaux Collegiate Institute
- June 4 - Diabetes Talk (Mandarin), St. Paul’s Recreation Room. 10:30-12:30 pm
- June 10 - Cancer Talk, St. Paul’s Recreation Room. 5pm-6:30 pm
- June 15 - Safe Medication Use (English & Cantonese). St. Paul’s Recreation Room